NAMI Family-to-Family in Berlin, VT!
By Nick Martin | August 20, 2019 | Home
Berlin, VT: Family-to-Family is a FREE 12-week course structured to help families and friends of individuals with mental illness understand and support their loved ones while maintaining their own well-being. The course is designed specifically for parents, siblings, spouses, teenage and adult children and significant others of persons with mental illness. Many family members describe the impact of this program as “life changing.”
- Berlin, VT (beginning Tues, Sept 24th @ 6:30pm)
Register for the class HERE
This course includes:
- Information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring mental health and addiction conditions.
- Information about treatment, wellness and recovery, including: medications, side effects, strategies for medication adherence or reduction, mindfulness and whole health modalities, and other psychosocial options.
- Research related to mental health conditions and the most effective, evidence-based treatments to promote recovery.
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness.
- Special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques.
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse.
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload.
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community.
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services.
This entry was posted in Home
. Bookmark the permalink